There are many cool methods and ways to decorate on t-shirts which makes designing the art so much fun.
Here are some of the most common questions we get asked when decorating on t-shirts…
1. How many colors can we use?
- It depends on what you want to spend and the look you are aiming for.
- If we are doing a dye sublimation fabric then you can use as many as you like.
2. Why am I getting charged for 3 colors when the art is only 2 colors?
- If you are decorating on t-shirt that is not white then we need to add an under base or flash of white so that the t-shirt color will not show through. There are a couple of print methods we can do that don’t require and under base depending on the look you are going for.
3. Does the type of t-shirt I get make a difference with printing?
- Yes! Certain print methods work best with 100% cotton, otherwise you could be at risk for dye migration.
- You can do a blend but there are no guarantees as to how the design will turn out and you will have to sign a waiver. In 12 years I have only experienced dye migration once.
4. What decoration methods do I have for t-shirts?
- Screen printing; Hires Accucolor, Retail Soft, Discharge UB, Puff Ink, Glow in the Dark, Metallic Shimmer, Retail Soft, 4 Color Process, Spot Color, Eco Friendly and Color Discharge.
- Digital Print.
- Dye Sublimation – a cool way to get an all over look.