You can do a lot with headwear if you have the time. To get an all over custom look and feel you need to plan at least 4 weeks for the hats to be made overseas. If you don’t have that kind of time you still have some great options for decorating on headwear.
Here are some of the most commonly asked questions…
1. Can I imprint on ball caps?
- Yes, if you have them for us to import them from overseas which is 4-6 weeks.
- We can do a heat transfer that looks similar to imprinting but you are limited on design due to the spacing needed around colors.
2. Can I decorate on the bill?
- Yes, if you have the time for us to import them from overseas. We can do customization all over including in the rim.
- Domestically this look would be costly and very tough to achieve.
3. Can we sew an appliqué or patch onto the hats?
- We can do this over seas as well but domestically we can produce the patch but they would have to be ironed on.
4. What’s the latest trend for decorating a ball cap?
- Puffy or dimensional embroidery off to one side of the front.
- Flat to flip brims.
- Distressed worn vintage looks.
5. If I don’t have time for custom overseas what are my options for decorating?
- You can decorate off to one side, front centered, both sides and on the back.
- Decoration methods include; flat embroidery or 3D embroidery, heat transfer, printing, and digital direct to cap.